Wednesday, November 24, 2010

1997 chevy cavalier problems... help?

So my engine mounts need to be replaced. Is that something I can do myself or is it better to go to someone?



My car makes a squealing noise ( sounds like brakes when they need to be replaced) but it stops when the car stops. What can it be? It eems to come from the front left side ( driver side)...



My car stalls at random times usually when I am at a stop ( i have an automatic) but occassionally it will stall when I am pulling into a parking spot.



What I have done with my car in the past few years. Replaced all the spark plugs and lines. Replaced 3 out of 4 fuel injectors. Changed my oil/air filter.changed my oil. Added coolant. Added steering fluid. I think that is all the liquids I have added and changes I have made with the car.



I have to get smogged but it will fail unless my engine light goes off ( multiple engine misfire) and I don't know how to solve what is causing that problem...



please help:)1997 chevy cavalier problems... help?
motor mounts if its the wish bone on the top of the engine i would say go for it.

as far as the other problems with the car they are all probably associated with the emissions light being on take it to the auto parts store and let them scan the codes and start from there.

Good Luck!!1997 chevy cavalier problems... help?
even though you have fixed the problems in the passtd did you claear the computer on your car of the miss fires if not you should do that and then run your eng once more and check for new codes once more good luck with your problems
  • thinning hair
  • click on ie icon on desktop
  •